12 quick fixes to boost your home’s curb appeal
Beat out the competition by getting your home noticed with these 12 quick, but easy fixes, compliments of American Home Shield.
1. Replace faded or outdated house numbers, or give your current ones a fresh coat of paint.
2. Paint your worn mailbox or replace it with a new one.
3. Replace outdoor lighting fixture with a newer, trendier style from your local hardware store. Your new lights will not only look good, but they can help enhance home security and reduce electricity costs.
4. Repair or replace rusty or broken hinges on doors and windows.
5. Transform the outside of your home by adding plants, adding flowers in window boxes or adding colorful planters to your porch.
6. Show off your front porch with cozy furniture to add a “welcome home” feel.
7. Fix anything that is chipped, peeling or cracked, including windows, doors, garage doors, fences, sidewalks and other things. If you aren’t skilled at or have time for such repairs, hire a handyman.
8. Washing your windows can make a big difference in how your home looks from the inside and out.
9. Keep your lawn well groomed, including manicuring the lawn’s edges and keeping your yard free of debris.
10. Remove weeds in the cracks of your sidewalk or driveway.
11. Put your outdoor lights on a timer, so potential buyers can see your home in the proper light, even at night.
12. Most importantly, make sure your home looks well cared for with careful attention to detail.