12 Simple, Low-Cost Kitchen Improvements
If you want to upgrade your kitchen without the hefty price tag, Barbara Ballinger offers these tips in the May 2012 edition of RealtorMag.
- Repaint your kitchen.
- Replace backsplash tiles.
- Give your kitchen a fresh look with a new countertop.
- Upgrade to stainless steel appliances, a universally appealing look.
- Can’t afford to replace all of your appliances? Focus on one or two.
- Improve lighting in the kitchen.
- Replace smaller, older tiles with larger, porcelain floor tiles.
- Remodel your dark, dated kitchen cabinets with new door faces, paint or hardware.
- Add a pantry or other nearby storage space for too small kitchens.
- Open up the room’s layout by removing a wall or taking down part of one.
- No kitchen island? No problem. Buy a stainless steel, counter-height table to be used for kitchen prep work and additional storage.
- Hire a designer to sketch out a new, improved kitchen plan that you can fulfill later.