Save Water, Save Money!
The average household spends $500 a year on water and sewer bills. But with a few simple changes, you could save as much as $170 a year! Practicing water conservation is also a good way to protect our precious water supply. Try these tips to make the best use of your water:
Inside your home:
– Fix leaky faucets, pipes, shower heads and toilets or replace them with water-saving devices.
– Wash only full loads of dishes or laundry.
– Take shorter showers, and don’t let the water run while brushing your teeth or shaving.
Outside your home:
– Water your lawn and garden in the morning or evening hours and only as needed.
– Use mulch around plants, shrubs and trees to retain moisture.
– Repair leaky faucets and hoses, and use water-saving nozzles.
– Wash your car using water from a bucket, and save the hose for rinsing into an approved area.
For more tips, visit these resources:
Sources: City of Kent Water Quality Report 2010 and Watersense