Make sure your home is ready for the changing seasons with this handy fall home maintenance checklist from Team Marti:
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change batteries.
- Replace furnace filters.
- Seal cracks and gaps around windows and doors.
- Install storm doors and windows.
- Check weather stripping around your garage door.
- Clean your humidifiers.
- Reverse direction of ceiling fans.
- Clean and repair gutters and downspouts.
- Drain outside faucets and hoses.
- Make repairs or repaint peeling or blistering paint.
- Have your roof inspected and schedule repairs.
- Clean and store lawn furniture.
- Prepare your lawn and gardens for winter.
- Check your driveway, sidewalk and patio for cracks.