Top 10 Reasons to Move to Kent, Washington
I’ve lived in the Seattle area my entire life, and as an adult, I’ve chosen to raise my family in Kent. It is a great place to live, but don’t take my word for it. Check out these top 10 reasons to move to Kent and decide for yourself!
Location, location, location. Travel 20 miles to the north to get to Seattle and 20 miles to the south to get to Tacoma. Kent is just minutes from SeaTac airport, and we have a major transit center in downtown Kent next to Kent Station, so transportation in and out of the city is easy peasy.
- Land and sea. Whether you love to ski and snowmobile or are more of a beachcomber and fisherman, Kent is just a few hours’ drive to the Cascade or Olympic Mountains and the Pacific coast, and Puget Sound is only minutes away.
- Award-winning schools. If you have school aged children, they’ll be in good hands in our award-winning Kent School District.
- Employment opportunities. With Kent as the fourth largest manufacturing and distribution center in the country, Kent is home to many major employers including Amazon, Blue Origin and Boeing, so jobs are plentiful.
- Outdoor recreation. If you recharge outdoors, Kent is the place to be! In addition to connecting with the King County Trail system, Kent has a wealth of hiking and biking paths and trails, including the Kent Valley Loop Trail which runs along the Green River. We also have fantastic parks, ballfields, Lake Meridian, Lake Fenwick, Clark Lake and other areas to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Arts, entertainment and events. With four high schools with performing arts centers, there is always a show or performance to attend in Kent. In addition, the city’s arts and culture department hosts an annual Kent Spotlight Series featuring world-renowned musicians and performers, and ShoWare Center draws big name concerts to our little ‘burb.
- Sports. If you are a sports fan, you’ll love Kent! Many sports teams call Kent home including the Seattle Thunderbirds, Seattle Mist, Seattle Ravens and Tacoma Stars. We also have several new ballfields – Wilson Playfields and Service Club Ballfields, ShoWare Center, Kent Valley Ice Centre, Kent-Meridian pool, and two golf courses (Riverbend Golf Complex and Meridian Valley Country Club) for sports in Kent.
- One-of-a-kind shopping. You might not think of Kent when you think of shopping, but we have some great stores at Kent Station and in downtown Kent as well as international treasures like Punjab Sweets, Hong Kong Market and Save-U-More. If you can’t find what you need here, we are only minutes from the Outlet Collection in Auburn and Westfield Mall in Tukwila.
- International flavors. Kent has dozens (hundreds maybe) of restaurants to satisfy every taste and budget. We’ve got fresh seafood, sushi, Italian, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Mexican and American cuisine to name a few of our specialties. We also do burgers, BBQ and pizza pretty well. Yum!
- Kent people. Sure, I’m biased, but I think Kent people are just the best! When you visit Kent, you will feel welcome whether you’re staying for a few hours or a few years.
If you are thinking of moving to Kent, and have questions or need helping finding a home, I’d be happy to help. Contact Team Marti today!