With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it’s time to get your house together for celebrating with friends and family. Here are some simple, easy ways to decorate your home without breaking the bank, or anything else, in the process!
- Hollow out a pumpkin, or get one from your local craft store, and keep flowers in it for a festive centerpiece for your table setting.
- Create your own wreath for fall with a hot glue gun, fake leaves, and other fall paraphernalia to hang on your door or to use as a centerpiece.
- Decorate with reds, browns, oranges and yellows to make your home look warm and inviting.
- Don’t feel like carving pumpkins? Try spray painting them or drawing on them with markers for an unexpected twist to this tradition.
- Find small pumpkins and hollow them out to use as candle holders for a centerpiece or to light your home.
- Tie names to a string and attach to a pumpkin for easy placeholders.
- Use gold as an accent to add a pop of color to your dining room table.
- Hot glue fake leaves to Mason Jars and insert electric lights or tea lights to create luminaries for your home.
- Create a “thankful for” jar. Cut out leaves and write things that you are thankful for and put them in the jar throughout November. During the big day, pull them out and read them so you can share everything that you are thankful for with your loved ones.
- Take advantage of early Christmas displays by purchasing red, orange and gold ornaments to keep in a large glass container to keep as an easy centerpiece.
Most importantly, take the time to enjoy your loved ones. This year has reminded our family how precious life is as we gained a granddaughter, but lost a mother. Please take the time to show your family how special they are. Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours!