I love this article from the KCM Crew – Selling your house? 5 reasons to do it now! – on KeepingCurrentMatters.com. It offers some great reminders to help would-be sellers who are on the fence about putting their homes on the market. Here are five reasons to sell your home now:
- High demand: Demand for homes to buy is rising steadily, but will level off as we get closer to the holidays and the end of the year. Get in front of potential buyers now, before they shift their focus.
- Less competition: In most real estate markets, including ours, there are not enough homes to meet the needs of the current number of buyers, so competition for selling your home is lower. On the flip side, that means you can get a better price for your home right now, because your home is in demand.
- Quicker processing: Banks are requiring more documentation and paperwork before closing on homes these days, so when sales heat up, the banks will get busier and closing will take longer. However, if you move while banks are slower, you’ll be able to get through the sales process faster.
- Upgrade now, save later: Prices are expected to appreciate by over 19% between now and 2018, so if you want to move to a higher priced home, this is a good time to do it. Waiting will cost you precious dollars. You’ll need more money for a down payment, as a percentage of the sales price, and interest rates are likely to rise.
- Moving on: Making a decision to buy or sell a home is a big one, but once you’ve done it, you can return your focus to whatever is most important to you – family, health, traveling, etc. Why wait?
Click here to read the original article on KeepingCurrentMatters.com.