One of the easiest ways to make your home more appealing to prospective home buyers – and to you – is to cut the clutter and organize your home. Real Simple and HGTV offer some fun ways to rid your home of clutter:
- Use unexpected items for storage: coffee mug rack for hair accessories, tie rack for scarves, or pastry tips for rings.
- Save space in the garage by hanging sports equipment, gardening gear, tools, etc.
- Store cleaning supplies in a portable bucket or carrier under the kitchen sink.
- Display collectibles in a glass case (IKEA has some great options!) to keep them organized and dust free.
- Keep outdoor toys and sporting goods in a basket or laundry cart with wheels, easy to take outside and store later.
- Use mason jars, apothecary jars or brandy snifters to store and display items like pasta, after-school snacks, spools of thread, colored pencils, crayons, etc.
- Clear out and donate clothes each season that you have not worn in the last year. Encourage your kids to do the same by making a game of it.
- Create a portable beauty station for make-up, nail polish and accessories that you can tote around the house or pop in a cabinet when your Realtor® is showing your home
- Clean out your refrigerator and freezer. If you can’t remember when you bought it, toss it.
Not feeling creative? Check out Pinterest for inspiration or check out a home organization store like The Container Store.